samedi 18 mars 2017

preamble

Reflections on primary directions in astrology



 
I have recently published a book on primary directions in astrology 

[cf. https://alchimie.000webhostapp.com/livres.html
 covering 100 examples and statistics on 1500 cases, in connection with the death of an individual. I then abandoned these studies to dedicate myself to an in-depth study of alchemy. I now wish to re-examine certain points concerning primary directions which I have neither the time nor the possibility to develop in the book [Astropronostic of the critical periods of life by the primary directions, Traditional Editions, 1999] or in my site . I must first thank Francis Santoni [Aureas Informatique] without which my first work would have been impossible; A thought also in memory of Suzel Fuzeau-Braesch who had kindly written a preface to my book. I will not forget in my memory the RAMS secretary, Agnes Pasturaud, who left us several years ago, after a particularly serious illness.

*
* *

 I was interested in astrology around 1973 for obscure reasons, probably related to the fact that I needed a substitute for an absence of religious belief. This interest persisted despite the years. We can already see the fundamental question which attaches itself to the one who leans towards such a subject: the relation to rationality, to reason ... But the answer is simple: there is simply no relationship between Astrology and reason, just as it appears totally meaningless to associate the word science with the word astrology. To speak of scientific astrology is an absurdity because one can not bring into evidence a causal connection; Also because there is no falsifiable point [i.e. refutable] despite the numerous studies carried out since the beginning of the twentieth century [http://cura.free.fr/quinq/01negre.html]. It must therefore be observed that observation studies can only be carried out. What is more, my area of ​​interest in astrology, has focused on a particular point of forecasting techniques that is hardly topical in the world of astrologers: that of the primary directions. By the examples that I shall give later, we shall see how far I write these lines alone ... Paradoxically, it is, however, the oldest system that was advocated by Ptolemy in his Tetrabiblos [ Cf. For example https://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/ptolemy-and-placidus-primary-directions/]. At the end of a long work that began forty-four years ago, and after many years of studying alchemy, new ideas inspired me to write these pages. It is therefore an extension of my initial thoughts on the subject; We are still in the field of primary directions, considered in mundo. I bring only modifications of detail, and here merely re-emphasize the points raised by, for example, Placidus [Placido de Titi, Tabulae primi mobilis, Padua, 1657, tr. John Cooper, 1814]. But these points, of which a method of directions - that of Placidus precisely - had already been revealed for many by Ptolemy in his Tetrabiblos. It is not my intention to remake a history of astrology or to make the history of primary directions: the reader will find a lot of blogs, sites or books on the subject. However, it is clear that without minimal learning, it may be a bit tedious to read the lines - and especially the diagrams - that follow. Some references :

- Progressions, Rays and Houses in Medieval Islamic Astrology - A Mathematical Classification by J. Casulleras And J. P. Hogendijk (Suhayl 11 (2012), pp 33-102
- Primary Directions: Astrology's Old Master Technique

Couverture
Wessex Astrologer Limited, 2009 Add URL to Search Engines

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.